Monday, March 12, 2012

Movie Review!! John Carter

John Carter
Rated: PG-13
Released: March 9, 2012
Civil War vet John Carter is transplanted to Mars, where he discovers a lush, wildly diverse planet whose main inhabitants are 12-foot tall green barbarians. Finding himself a prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, who is in desperate need of a savior.

My Review:
So I wanted to wait for Monday to post this since its all romance today! If you follow my on facebook you have already seen my review, so I will just add it here and add a little to it! This is my quickie movie review!

I give it a 4/5 stars. It is a Sci-fi action adventure with a love story.  There were some parts that were a little slow moving which caused the movie to feel longer. There is a twist that ties it all up in the end, but I feel it wasn't explained that well for audiences. Some of my friends kept asking me questions about it so I recommend the end monologue where he explains everything to his nephew is very important! The characters, (especially the side characters) were great. The special effects were well made and they made the aliens look  believably real. The alien creatures are a barbaric hoard but have the ability to have human emotions. The connection between John and Dejah is a love at first sight and fast moving. I liked the princess Dejah, she is a strong female who puts the wants and security of her people before hers. Lastly John Carter...is shirtless throughout 95% of the film...YUM!! I was expecting his eyes to turn yellow, grow fangs, reveal he had a prosthetic leg and say he has a brother named Zsadist..:D Very entertaining movie, Disney Studios is off to a great start!!

Have you seen it, will you see it?? 


Dejah & John

Trailer




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...