Saturday, March 3, 2012

**Interview** Party with Author Madison Daniel

Today on the blog I'm happy to have debut published Author Madison Daniel!! He launches his Ember series with a bang that will leave many readers burning!!!!

    Tell us a little about yourself Madison!

MD: My name is Madison and I’ve come to take you on a journey of sounds and landscapes only your deepest dreams can fathom. I have such sights to show you!

    Ember is the first in your Ember Series. Can you tell us a little about it??

MD: Ember is the story of Max Valentine...future rockstar, hopeless romantic and absolute bad @ss! (he’s a fire-starter and has an inferno at his fingertips). He walks through life with a guitar in hand and a horrible mistake in his heart. On the island of Maui he finds a chance at redemption with 2 island girls. Asia, the beautiful and haunted rich girl. She holds a secret that taunts Max throughout the series. And Samantha, the sweet and artistic girl next door who just might heal his past mistakes...Max’s possible soulmate. A love triangle full of twists and turns consumes Max and leaves the island in flames. And it’s all wrapped in a musical bow. I attach a musical playlist with the book and every chapter!



    How was the writing process? Are you a visual writer or do the characters 'speak' to you?

MD: I love the writing process. Music is everywhere! My mind is lost in moving images! Passion fills the pages and I just roll with it. I write like a music video...very visual, very emotional. I want the reader to feel, hear and see my characters. Complete and total skull candy.

    What was your favorite scene to write?

MD: In Ember? Hmmmm...there are 3. #1 - the first time Asia and Max meet on the beach. It’s dark. It’s intense. It’s sexy. #2 - the showdown with my main “big bad” Devon and Max. Their fight scene was an absolute joy to write! #3 - the end. Not the official ending but the ending after the ending. It’s a very emotional and revealing scene with Samantha. The last page really sets up the series (and book 2) for a emotional juggernaut! You interested yet?

    How was your experience when you first started out as a self-published author?

MD: Lonely. Humbling. Exciting. Painful. Scary. (I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything!) Wait a second...yes I would! I’d trade it all for a movie deal and interview with Oprah!

    What was going through your mind when you realized that Ember would become a published book through CHBB Publishing? How did you celebrate?

MD: Queen’s rock anthem “We Are the Champions!” I’ve been singing it in my head ever since! There is only one way to celebrate news like “being signed” by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing...DANCE. DANCE. DANCE.

    We all know that music is your muse!! It helps you get inspired and write your awesome novels! What are some of your all time favorite songs that you just can't get enough of?

MD: Oh man! I don’t even know where to begin with that... Alright, we’ll start with this...if Sister Christian by Night Ranger or Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler come on, someones getting sung to! Out loud and at full throttle! 80’s and 90’s hair metal is a fav too! I use a lot of the newer, darker bands to inspire me these days BUT! If you wanna see me in full kick you in the crotch, wake grandma up, call in the S.W.A.T. Team action...play Dirty Diana by MJ and... I. WILL. BRING. SEXY. BACK. PERIOD. (SHAMONE!)

    What are 3 words you would use to describe Max Valentine?

MD: Tall. Dark. Haunted.

    Did you know you always wanted to be a writer??

MD: Subconsciously...yes. Since I could put crayon to paper, I’ve been writing in some form. Comic books, screenplays, songs, you name it.

    How many books are going to be in this series do you think??

MD: Ember will be 6 books total. Ember #1, Downpour #2, Aftershock #3, Gravity #4, Echoes #5, and finally Seasons #6. I’m working on book 3 right now and the final three are already plotted out to a finish. I’ve already written the final scene in the entire saga.

    Who has been your best or favorite character to write and why?

MD: The best is Max. I love the way he sees things. I love his literary voice. BUT the funnest to write is Asia. She’s such a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes it’s a challenge to capture her on paper. The hardest is Samantha. She’s the gravity of the series. The consequence. The soul of the Ember universe.

    A la twitter style...using only 140 characters, describe Ember!!

MD: Easy... ‘Love never dies...but it can kill.’ (my tweets are short but sweet.)

    Do you have any other projects coming up?

MD: I have a new series I am readying for a launch called “13 Breaths.” If you took Red Dawn, The Faculty, Goonies, Aliens, and music videos and sprinkled a little Ember style heartache in there and mixed them all up into one beast, you’d get “13 Breaths.” I also have a new exciting short called “Temptation Waits” that will rock the literary realms. I can not wait to unleash it and my new heroine, Neve on the writing world! And I have a literary surprise in the works with some of my writing sisters at Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Keep an eye out for news on that soon.

    Who is your favorite Author? Any specific books or series?

MD: Stephen King. The man is a king of words! Heck, it’s his last name for heavens sake! My favorite is Fire-starter. It really left a burn mark on my imagination.

    What is one thing that people would never guess about you?

MD: I’m an avid golfer. I love it. Calms the soul.

    What is you favorite drink or food to have at a Party?!?!

MD: H2o! If it’s good enough for Mother Nature, it’s a thumbs up from me! Ha! Can’t be stuffing my face with goodies when it’s time to dance! “Sexy” isn’t going to bring itself back... ;)



Thank you so much Madison for being here and doing the interview! I will most definitely be picking up Ember!!!

Buy Link: AMAZON 

Blog:
Twitter:
Goodreads:
Tumblr:
Facebook Author:
Facebook Book Series:
Amazon Author:
Smashwords:

Ember Excerpt:
Prologue: Nightmares

~Stop Crying Your Heart Out: Oasis~
“Hold on.”
“Hold on. Don’t be scared.”
Please don’t let go. The pain is dizzying. Just do not let go of her. This is my
fault, I’m sure of that now. Look her in the eyes and don’t let go of her. Whatever
happens, don’t let her be scared. Be stronger, for her.
Nothing else matters now. Not the pain. Not my mistake. Not the taste of
blood in my throat. Not the smell of ash all around us. All that matters is her…just
her. Hold on.
“Hold on a little longer!” I scream. I’m starting to panic. Stop it! You know
what happens when you panic. I have to calm down. Just breathe. Stay calm. Do it
now, for her!
“Max I’m slipping!” she screams.
“No! I won’t let it happen!” I say focused. But she was right. I was losing her.
I’m heating up again. Try harder and focus.
“Help me Max! My hands hurt…it burns! Help me! Please!” she cries louder.
I’m so dizzy now. It’s too hot. I’m too hot now. I can’t hold her. She slips away
and my heart breaks.
“Noooooooo!!!” she wails but her voice sounds so far away now.
Slow motion again. The dark pulls at the sides of my eyes and they burn
something awful. Fight it. Fight the darkness. I reach out in front of me as far as I
can. My eyes burn and I cannot see through my tears. But I can still see the look of
terror on her face. I can still see her tears and her burnt and broken hands.
“Please no!” I beg. The world grows heavy.
“Don’t go…don’t go away…” Now I was screaming. She falls away.
I fade away…blackness.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...