Friday, December 30, 2011

~Review~ Redemption by R.K. Ryals



Blurb:

“The Time has come when He will come looking. She is ready. I have faith in her. She is her father’s daughter. She carries my blood. And I will never forgive myself for feeding her to the wolves.” Bezaliel from Redemption

Dayton Blainey is a foul-mouthed, grief stricken teenager forced to live with a religiously eccentric aunt she barely knows following the death of her parents. Often upstaged by her moral older sister, Amber, Dayton is often flung into the shadows. Little does she know that there is more to her than meets the eye.

When Dayton's Wiccan best friend, Monroe, sees a vision outside Dayton's bedroom window, a catalyst of events is set in motion that will change Dayton's life forever. She is faced with one major question: Who is she?

Dayton and her friends discover the truth behind this question is so much bigger than anyone ever imagined.

Redemption is the story of one young woman who must disentangle herself from a web of lies endangering her soul, and who discovers an attraction to a mysterious stranger that may just kill her.


REVIEW:
1st line in the book--> It was dark.

Tragedy. Secrets. Revelations. Angels. Demons. Redemption.
In author R.K. Ryals first book in the Redemption series, we are introduced to Dayton. She has lost both of her parents and is sent along with her sister to live with an aunt she has never known. Her aunt is a deeply religious Abbess and the head of a strange religious order. Her best friends are Conner & Monroe. All is normal until Dayton discovers a deep, dark secret. She is a Naphilim, the product of a union between an angel (her father) and a human (her mother). From there she is thrown into a world that she never could imagine. She doesn't know who to trust and to complicate thing more. Dayton discovers that she is bound to a demon named Marcas in hopes that they will create a child. The blood of this child, half demon and half Naphilim, will bring the demonic forces redemption (or so Damon hopes). Now they must work together along with her friends to survive against not only the evil following them but also her aunt's cult that are set to destroy Dayton.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. At first I thought it was going to be a simple plot to the angels & demons storyline but I was pleasantly surprised. Dayton is the typical rebel teenager causing trouble. What I liked about it is how Marcas came into the mix. You can tell the is the beginnings of a love triangle at work which of course has you taking sides. There's Conner the golden boy, who Dayton loves as a friend and Marcas. The dark and mysterious demon who has turned his heart to stone because of having loved & lost a woman (an angel) and now is bound to Dayton. I love a bad boy so I would lean towards Marcas ;) I will say that it took a while for the story to pick up. I think I was half-way through the book when it got exciting! We are left with a thrilling climax, which we then have to wait for book 2 to see what happens to the characters!

Fave Quotes:

“Mr. Reinhardt, Ms. Blainey, if you two would please refrain from conversing in my class, I would appreciate it,” Mr. James announced loudly. I hadn’t even heard the bell. Conor shrugged. “I’m afraid she’s a lot prettier than you, Mr. James. I got a little distracted.”


"I'm going to make one thing clear. I’m not here to get to know you. I could give a damn how you feel, and I’m not here to explain myself to anyone. I’m here because my brother has wild ideas that are going to get a lot of people killed. And because he didn’t give me a choice,” Marcas fumed. I just stared at him. “That was helpful,” I remarked sarcastically. “If you’re done with the whole Demon tirade, can you tell me what I have to do with any of this?”

 Redemption
AMAZON


Ransom will be coming soon in 2012!!

 R.K. Ryals
 BLOG (where she has Chapter 1 of Ransom posted!) | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...